In the AJC today Henry Unger posted some not so good news about the Georgia Jobs Market.
The stock market may be rocketing to a record high but the job market is still struggling.
- Georgia’s unemployment rate did not budge during the period.
- There was a loss of 47,700 mostly seasonal jobs and any increases were not enough to change the unemployment rate.
- The number of first-time claims for jobless benefits, resulting from layoffs in January, rose by 20,669 from December.
- Last year the unemployment higher
- Mark Butler said we started with more jobs than last year.
If you want to read the article try this: http://blogs.ajc.com/business-beat/2013/03/07/georgias-jobless-rate-remains-stuck-at-8-7-percent/
Have a Job? Need a Home? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org